It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 am 
Offline
SLE Member
SLE Member

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 am
Posts: 31
Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
Has anyone changed an HVAC blower assembly on a 2001 Bonneville? I managed to get all the mounting screws loose, and got it to drop an inch or so, but can't get it to drop far enough to clear the fan from the housing, and can't rotate it to a position where it will drop. The FSM says you should be able to pull it without removing any other duct work, but I couldn't get it out.

My next step will be pull the front seats, pull the console, and start dropping duct work until I can get the blower assembly clear, but if someone else has pulled it without removing ducts I would appreciate a little advice.

_________________
2001 Bonneville SSEi - no mods
1999 Trans Am WS6 M6 - LS6 block, LSX intake, P1SC supercharger, cam, rockers, Kooks headers, high output oil pump, double chain timing gear, 8 rib pullies, remote clutch bleed, bullet proof bell housing, catch can, 60# injectors, wide band O2, clutch, and lots of other stuff I can't remember right now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 am 
Offline
Site Developer
Site Developer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 20069
Location: Fairfax, MN
Year and Trim: 2009.1 G8 GT
2005 GXP
Could you take pics? It should just drop straight down once you remove the bolts.

_________________
2009 G8 GT. Panther Black, Red/Onyx interior, Sport/Premium packages. Rotofab CAI, Pypes Axlebacks. 79k Miles
Image
Sold: 2003 SSEi
RIP sandrock
Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:08 pm 
Offline
SLE Member
SLE Member

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 am
Posts: 31
Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
I would have to tear it apart again to get pics. Right up at the front, where the 2 screws are the hardest to get out, it only drops about 1 inch before it hits the rubber insulator pad that is under the carpet. Won't drop any further, and it won't rotate enough to find another position where it will drop.

_________________
2001 Bonneville SSEi - no mods
1999 Trans Am WS6 M6 - LS6 block, LSX intake, P1SC supercharger, cam, rockers, Kooks headers, high output oil pump, double chain timing gear, 8 rib pullies, remote clutch bleed, bullet proof bell housing, catch can, 60# injectors, wide band O2, clutch, and lots of other stuff I can't remember right now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:43 pm 
Offline
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 8306
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEi
I haven't had to replace it, but this is what I show for the instructions.

Quote:
1. Remove the right side sound insulator.
2. Pull back the carpet near the blower motor.
3. Remove the IP compartment.
4. Remove the Dash Integration Module (DIM) from bracket.
5. Remove the 2 rear DIM bracket screws.
6. Reposition the DIM bracket to allow for removal of the blower motor.
7. Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor.
8. Remove the blower motor retaining screws.
9. Lower the blower motor and rotate counter clockwise to remove from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure
1. Install the blower motor. Blower motor will need to be rotated to install into the housing.
2. Install the blower motor retaining screws (1).
Tighten
Tighten the screw to 1.4 N·m (12 lb in).
3. Connect the electrical connector (2) to the blower motor.
4. Reposition the DIM bracket to the original position.
5. Install the 2 rear DIM bracket screws.
6. Install the DIM into the bracket.
7. Install the IP compartment.
8. Reposition the carpet.
9. Install the right side sound insulator.

_________________
Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:18 pm 
Offline
SLE Member
SLE Member

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 am
Posts: 31
Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
Thanks Archon. Those steps are what are in my FSM, and I followed them right up to the point where it came to lowering the motor and rotating to remove. I couldn't get it to rotate or drop enough to get it out.

_________________
2001 Bonneville SSEi - no mods
1999 Trans Am WS6 M6 - LS6 block, LSX intake, P1SC supercharger, cam, rockers, Kooks headers, high output oil pump, double chain timing gear, 8 rib pullies, remote clutch bleed, bullet proof bell housing, catch can, 60# injectors, wide band O2, clutch, and lots of other stuff I can't remember right now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm 
Offline
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 8306
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEi
I know we've had questions regarding how to do it previously. The best I could find was that if you play with it enough, it will come out...or you have to turn it a little. Not very descriptive.

_________________
Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:07 am 
Offline
LE Member

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:50 am
Posts: 1
Year and Trim: arjelyn P. mirador
2kg4u wrote:
Has anyone changed an HVAC blower assembly on a 2001 Bonneville? I managed to get all the mounting screws loose, and got it to drop an inch or so, but can't get it to drop far enough to clear the fan from the housing, and can't rotate it to a position where it will drop. The FSM says you should be able to pull it without removing any other duct work, but I couldn't get it out.

My next step will be pull the front seats, pull the console, and start dropping duct work until I can get the blower assembly clear, but if someone else has pulled it without removing ducts I would appreciate a little advice.


first,Unplug your oscillating round fan from the wall,then
either use a Philips head screwdriver to unscrew the front grille from the back grille; or, push grille clips off front grille, depending on your oscillating round fan, and take it off,unscrew the blade cap from the blade and take it off,
slide the fan blade off,unscrew the back grille nut from the back grille and take it off,lide the back grille offset a bottle of liquid hand soap and warm water on each fan part to clean it, set each cleaned part on a hand towel and allow about 10 minutes for each fan part to dry, follow dis assembly instructions given above in reverse to reassemble the fan and plug your cleaned oscillating round fan in and turn it on. It should be quieter and cleaner than before. If it is not, try the steps above again until totally clean. seo services


Last edited by arjelynmirador18 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 am 
Offline
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 5487
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Year and Trim: 2000 SSEi
2004 GMC 2500HD
2013 Buick Regal GS
arjelynmirador18 wrote:
2kg4u wrote:
Has anyone changed an HVAC blower assembly on a 2001 Bonneville? I managed to get all the mounting screws loose, and got it to drop an inch or so, but can't get it to drop far enough to clear the fan from the housing, and can't rotate it to a position where it will drop. The FSM says you should be able to pull it without removing any other duct work, but I couldn't get it out.

My next step will be pull the front seats, pull the console, and start dropping duct work until I can get the blower assembly clear, but if someone else has pulled it without removing ducts I would appreciate a little advice.


first,Unplug your oscillating round fan from the wall,then
either use a Philips head screwdriver to unscrew the front grille from the back grille; or, push grille clips off front grille, depending on your oscillating round fan, and take it off,unscrew the blade cap from the blade and take it off,
slide the fan blade off,unscrew the back grille nut from the back grille and take it off,lide the back grille offset a bottle of liquid hand soap and warm water on each fan part to clean it, set each cleaned part on a hand towel and allow about 10 minutes for each fan part to dry, follow dis assembly instructions given above in reverse to reassemble the fan and plug your cleaned oscillating round fan in and turn it on. It should be quieter and cleaner than before. If it is not, try the steps above again until totally clean.


:???:

_________________
95se wrote:
Mini vans suck so bad! I dont own one but i drive the work van at my shop and you instantly drive like a idiot when your in one!


2000 SSEi "The Rubber Chicken" (L32 long block, S1x, Comp Cams 105# springs, OR rods, 3.0 Smoothflow MPS, Pacesetters 1-5/8 primaries, Zillamotorsports P&P SC, JP single roller timing set, FWI, Magnaflow cat, Interceptor scangauge, AEM wideband, Powerslot rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, solid transmission mount, HPT)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:03 am 
Offline
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 65489
Location: Oregon WCBF'04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11 Survivor
Year and Trim: .
93 SSEi
95 SLE (SC)
97 Buick LeSabre
Ignore that post. It's a possible troll. The Moderators are watching for another post.

_________________
Image
Click here for mod list for both cars
93 SSEi, 95 SLE (supercharged) 97 Buick LeSabre Limited
PontiacDad at WCBF '04: Cruise control? That's like surrendering!
Comprehensive guide to troubleshooting, rebuilding, and modifying Eaton Superchargers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:21 pm 
Offline
Site Developer
Site Developer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 20069
Location: Fairfax, MN
Year and Trim: 2009.1 G8 GT
2005 GXP
*dang* Trolls.



Back on Topic, there are 3 screws that you have to remove that hold the motor. I didn't have to remove anything other than the sound insulator to get it out. Just had to shift some wiring, IIRC. You should then be able to access the fan from underneath. If you need, I could possibly get some pics later, or in the next few days.

_________________
2009 G8 GT. Panther Black, Red/Onyx interior, Sport/Premium packages. Rotofab CAI, Pypes Axlebacks. 79k Miles
Image
Sold: 2003 SSEi
RIP sandrock
Sirius wrote:
Think about it. You’re tooling down the road in your Prius, knowing full-well that this thing being green is as big a sham as federally mandated ethanol-enriched gas, Russia pulling out of Ukraine, and Obamacare.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am 
Offline
SLE Member
SLE Member

Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 am
Posts: 31
Year and Trim: 2001 SSEi
Troll comment ignored. Some people should stay quiet and let other people think they don't know what they are talking about, rather than open their mouth and remove all doubt.

Thanks for the input guys. I am sure there is a right combination of wriggling and rotating (reminds me of a girl I used to date) that will get it out, but I couldn't find it.

I think next time I will pull the front passenger seat. Only takes 5 minutes, and allows me to work on the blower without being a contortionist (again, that girl I used to date comes to mind). If I find the secret formula I will post it. If anyone finds it before me, please let me know.

_________________
2001 Bonneville SSEi - no mods
1999 Trans Am WS6 M6 - LS6 block, LSX intake, P1SC supercharger, cam, rockers, Kooks headers, high output oil pump, double chain timing gear, 8 rib pullies, remote clutch bleed, bullet proof bell housing, catch can, 60# injectors, wide band O2, clutch, and lots of other stuff I can't remember right now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:41 am 
Offline
Resident Gearhead
Resident Gearhead
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 8306
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Year and Trim: 2000 Bonneville SSEi
Good luck. Maybe you'll get lucky this time (with the blower motor :wink: ) which often seemed the case when people finally managed to remove it. They couldn't remember exactly how it happened...it just did.

_________________
Black 2000 SSEi, HIR Headlights, Angel Eyes fogs, 3rd brake light overlay, hi-flo cat, 180 degree thermostat, HS 1.9 rockers, LSx yellow springs, Intense FWI, PCM, shift kit, push rods, and 3.4 Pulley. ZZP Power Log.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2005 SE A/C HVAC Blower Motor

1oldman

3

335

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:47 pm

1oldman View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. HVAC Blower motor has a mind of its own

sporsref

4

302

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:05 pm

nos4blood70 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. HVAC Blower motor repair/replace

hawkjet

2

758

Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:36 pm

jseklund View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. HVAC blower motor getting very loud...how to replace?

torero500

3

2456

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Alabass View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. HVAC blower doesn't work

mlkmgr

4

1017

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 am

myfirstbonnie View the latest post

 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group


phpBB SEO